JOB ID : RT2207100A
- Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Work type: Full-time / Hybrid
- Contract Term: Contract / Long term / Unlimited
- Area of expertise: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronical/Automation Design Engineering
- Industry: Automotive
MUST have work authorization to work in the United States for any employer
MUST be able to start working within 2-3 weeks of offer acceptance date
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is assisting major automotive OEMs in design engineering area for developing new products and supporting with the new vehicle development. Join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI.
This role is directly with our client in Auburn Hills on a long-term contract role.
We are hiring multiple positions and various experience level.
- Responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and production release of a Body-in-white system and/or components.
- Responsible for Supporting Feasibility Dev. thru Template application with Design Office Themes.
- Responsible for Upper body components & assemblies thru Program CAD milestones. Responsible for System Requirement Sections & BIW Part Template Application thru entire program. Responsible for Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for Engineering.
- Quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
- Engineer to support meetings throughout NA work hours to work closely with local engineering teams,
- Architecture/Vehicle Concepts & PDO with iterative models to align with all packaging, functional objectives, and system requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- Five years of engineering experience.
- Design/development engineering experience in Body in White, closures or exterior systems.
- CAD experience.
- Proficient in Google and MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledgeable in regard to high strength steels, welding, and GD&T.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Green Belt/Black Belt.
- Reactive Green/Black Belt.
- KBE experience desired.