JOB ID : RT2207101E
- Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Work type: Full-time / Hybrid
- Contract Term: Contract / Long term / Unlimited
- Area of expertise: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronical/Automation Design Engineering
- Industry: Automotive
MUST have work authorization to work in the United States for any employer
MUST be able to start working within 2-3 weeks of offer acceptance date
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a Closures -Liftgate/Rear Structure Engineer to join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
- Responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and release of body closure sheet metal and hinging systems. Development and validation of assigned components and communicating technical product status and competitor benchmarking to management.
- Individual will be responsible for coordinating the packaging with all adjacent departments (electromechanical, electrical, lighting, trim).
- Responsible for working with virtual validation groups to ensure that the CAE scorecard is met as well as manufacturing feasibility.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating DVP&R, DFMEA.
- Responsible to support & manage suppliers for quality actions and VO activities.
- Engineer needs to support meeting throughout NA work hours and work closely with local engineering teams, Architecture/Vehicle Concepts, program science teams & PDO with iterative models to align with all packaging, functional objectives, and system requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Teamcenter.
- Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body-Body in White, Closures, or Exterior Systems.
- Knowledge and experience with composites and composite production processes.
- Knowledge and experience with steel / aluminum forming processes.
- BIW in-plant launch experience.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Knowledgeable in regard to high strength steels, weld parameters and GD&T.