JOB ID : RT2207101L
- Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Work type: Full-time / Hybrid
- Contract Term: Contract / Long term / Unlimited
- Area of expertise: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronical/Automation Design Engineering
- Industry: Automotive
MUST have work authorization to work in the United States for any employer
MUST be able to start working within 2-3 weeks of offer acceptance date
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a Cockpit (IP, Console, Door trim) Engineer to join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
- Responsible for the engineering, design, development, validation, timing and production release of the Console and Door systems.
- The Engineer will have end to end ownership of their components and ensuring they meet vehicle functional objectives.
- Responsibilities also include: component design, development, and packaging; Design Verification Plan & Report (DVPR) testing.
- CAD model management in Teamcenter.
- Weight reduction, cost reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Communicating technical product status to management.
- Additionally, supporting vehicle assembly plants for any product technical issues, support service teams for any field warranty issues and help in root cause analysis of the failures.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with injection molding, painting, and decorating plastic components.
- Experience with OEM or supplier design and release.
- Experience with NX, Catia V5, and Teamcenter.
- Experience with DFMEA, DVP&R creation and execution.
- Experience with component builds and execution.
- Experience with production process feasibility and development including mold flow analysis or other interior component manufacturing processes.