JOB ID : RT2207101A
- Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Work type: Full-time / Hybrid
- Contract Term: Contract / Long term / Unlimited
- Area of expertise: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronical/Automation Design Engineering
- Industry: Automotive
MUST have work authorization to work in the United States for any employer
MUST be able to start working within 2-3 weeks of offer acceptance date
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a CVA Engineer – DRE to join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
- Responsible for the component and system level design, development, and engineering release of the exciting area of chassis vehicle adaptation components (e.g., skid plates, tow hooks, trailer hitches, and winches).
- Includes ownership of all aspects of the design to ensure all system and vehicle level functional objectives are met and KPI deliverables, step deliverables and program timing.
- Principal lead in component design/development/packaging.
- Management of Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R).
- Component/system/vehicle level validation testing.
- Engineering change management, engineering bill of material, support of prototype builds.
- Issues resolution leadership.
- CAD model ownership in Teamcenter system.
- fastener design and assembly torque development/validation.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or equivalent is required from an ABET accredited university.
- Prefer minimum 3 years of experience related to the design, validation, and release of chassis components.
- Familiarity with metallic alloys and joining techniques/methods.
- Basic understanding of Teamcenter and NX and ability to function in those systems to support day to day responsibilities.
- Ability to perform basic design activities in Catia/NX/Teamcenter related to vehicle packaging and design of components.
- Ability to construct system and component level DVP’s and DFMEA’s.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with existing office suite applications (Microsoft Office Suite or Google Workspace).
- Technical understanding of virtual design of structural components – CAE for Fatigue and strength modelling.
- Previous experience and knowledge of physical system testing of structural components.