JOB ID : RT2207101F
- Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Work type: Full-time / Hybrid
- Contract Term: Contract / Long term / Unlimited
- Area of expertise: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronical/Automation Design Engineering
- Industry: Automotive
MUST have work authorization to work in the United States for any employer
MUST be able to start working within 2-3 weeks of offer acceptance date
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring an Exterior Trim – Bumper/Fascia Engineer to join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
- Responsible for the design, development, and release of fascia/bumper system from initial design concept through full volume production.
- Responsibilities will include interface with product design office, vehicle development, other Exterior and Body Engineering teams, and suppliers to design, develop and release these components.
- Provide feasibility input for development of designs from Product Design Office (PDO) concepts, sketches, and clay models.
- Establish and manage development timeline for life of project.
- Develop functional objectives, build objectives, DVP&R/DFMEA & manage the production supplier to meet all objectives.
- Responsible for the release of completed geometry using NX Teamcenter CAD tools.
- Engineers need to support meeting throughout NA work hours and work closely with local engineering teams, Architecture/Vehicle Concepts, program science teams & PDO to develop and launch these fascia/bumper systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- 5 years of engineering experience.
- Experience designing and developing large injection molded components.
- Experience with injection molding, painting, and decorating plastic components.
- Experience with OEM or supplier design and release.
- Experience with Catia V5, NX, and Teamcenter.
- Experience with DFMEA, DVP&R, and validation plans.