JOB ID : RT2207101G
- Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Work type: Full-time / Hybrid
- Contract Term: Contract / Long term / Unlimited
- Area of expertise: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronical/Automation Design Engineering
- Industry: Automotive
MUST have work authorization to work in the United States for any employer
MUST be able to start working within 2-3 weeks of offer acceptance date
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring an Exterior Trim- Moldings / Badges / Functional Plastics Engineer to join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
- Responsible for the design, development, and release of body exterior components such as moldings, badges, decals and vents from initial design concept through full volume production.
- Responsibilities will include interface with product design office, vehicle development, other Exterior and Body Engineering teams, and suppliers to design, develop and release these components.
- Provide feasibility input for development of designs from Product Design Office (PDO) concepts, sketches, and clay models.
- Establish and manage development timeline for life of project.
- Develop functional objectives, build objectives, DVP&R, and DFMEA.
- Responsible for the release of completed geometry using NX Teamcenter CAD tools.
- Support meeting throughout NA work hours and work closely with local engineering teams, Architecture/Vehicle Concepts, program science teams & PDO with iterative models to align with all packaging, functional objectives, and system requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- One year engineering experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Experience in setting and assessing customer (internal/external) level requirements, constructing component and full vehicle DVP&R.
- Experience with defining functional objectives and constructing DFMEA.
- Experience with NX, Teamcenter, and change management processes.
- Ability to construct work plans to resolve issues.
- Ability to lead teams, determine gaps to targets and develop solutions.
- Three years of product development experience.
- Experience with engineering plastic Class A components.