JOB ID : RT2207101H
- Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Work type: Full-time / Hybrid
- Contract Term: Contract / Long term / Unlimited
- Area of expertise: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronical/Automation Design Engineering
- Industry: Automotive
MUST have work authorization to work in the United States for any employer
MUST be able to start working within 2-3 weeks of offer acceptance date
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring an Exterior Trim- Underbody Shields / Wheel Liners Engineer to join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
- Responsible for the design, development, and release of the underbody shield system and wheel liners from initial design concept through full volume production.
- Responsibilities will include interface with advanced engineering group, vehicle development & other functional engineering areas / Body teams along with the supplier.
- Responsibility to package, design & develop release these components to meet all functional objectives.
- Provide feasibility input for development of designs through the advanced engineering team and work closely with the other functional areas packaged in the adjacent area to design and package the parts to all clearance requirements as well as working closely with the aerodynamic/thermal management team to ensure these critical part objectives are met.
- Establish and manage development timeline for life of project with production suppliers.
- Develop functional objectives, build objectives, DVP&R / DFMEA & manage the production supplier to meet all requirements.
- Responsible for the release of completed geometry using NX Teamcenter CAD tools.
- Engineers need to support meeting throughout NA work hours and work closely with local engineering teams, Architecture/Vehicle Concepts, program science teams & to develop and launch these systems/components.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering from an ABET
- accredited university or equivalent program.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Three years of experience in body release engineering.
- Experience in body exterior or interior systems.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Knowledgeable in NX or CATIA V5 parametric design, Teamcenter release experience.
- Body systems in-plant launch experience.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Green Belt/Black Belt.
- Shainin/Kepner-Tregoe reactive problem solving.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).