JOB ID : RT2207101S
- Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Work type: Full-time / Hybrid
- Contract Term: Contract / Long term / Unlimited
- Area of expertise: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronical/Automation Design Engineering
- Industry: Automotive
MUST have work authorization to work in the United States for any employer
MUST be able to start working within 2-3 weeks of offer acceptance date
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a Powertrain Mount Engineer – DRE to join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
- Responsible for system design, development, and release of powertrain, differential, EDM and cradle mounts.
- Execute a work plan to achieve functional objectives with on time delivery of components/systems from initial concept through vehicle launch.
- Includes working with multiple support groups (NVH, Dynamics, Vehicle Integration, Stress Lab, and CAE) to complete all validation and testing.
- Responsibilities include the component design (FMEA), analysis (CAE), vehicle packaging, model/drawing integrity, component validation (DVP&R), change management (CN), engineering bill of material (EBOM/CODEP), build support, issue management (GIMs), fastened joint design, and assembly torque development.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or equivalent from an ABET accredited university.
- Demonstrated team leadership abilities.
- Ability to set targets, evaluate/identify gaps to existing targets, and leads solution activity.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated passion to work in the auto industry.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with chassis powertrain mount design and development.
- Experience with problem solving such as Red-X.
- Experience with robust design such as Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
- Ability in NX/Teamcenter.
- Possess strong skills with DFMEA, DVP&R and PAP.